About The Position
Pagaya is a global technology-driven asset manager specializing in applying machine learning and big data analytics to alternative asset classes, including consumer credit. We manage over $1.2 billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world.
As a Legal Counsel, you will provide the highest quality support to all parts of the business with a focus on the United States, partnerships and contracts. We are looking for a smart, motivated, self-starter to join our growing global legal team in a rapidly growing company.
The ideal candidate is a business-minded lawyer who is focused on execution and prepared to lead on important partnership deals, while collaborating with our Origination, Technology, Capital Markets and other teams within the company.
To be successful in our Legal Counsel role, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about business growth. We want a candidate who is excited by the challenge of working in a legally complex global fintech company and who welcomes the dynamic environment that comes with a growing company. This role will engage with all levels of employees and management, so social and communication skills are vital to strong working relationships.
The role reports to the Head of Legal & Chief Compliance Office (based in NYC) and will be located in Tel-Aviv.
- Act as a strategic business partner to draft, review and negotiate on a range of commercial agreements, particularly agreements related to asset purchases, servicing, origination, consumer credit and partnerships
- Advise and support multiple, different cross-department disciplines in the US and Israel, including origination, technology, consumer credit, capital markets, investment, sales, human resources, finance, security, privacy, etc.
- Assist Head of Legal and Chief Compliance Officer in building a global legal department, developing and enhancing its service culture and meeting the needs of the business
- Lead, develop and implement policies, procedures and processes that enable the business to operate efficiently and independently
- Identify, develop, monitor and act upon KPI reporting to measure success and drive continuous improvement
- Provide any other legal or non-legal support that the business requires
- Qualified attorney in Israel and the United States (preferably NY or CA)
- 4+ years experience in law firm and/or in-house, though right candidate could have significantly more experience
- Native/Fluent Hebrew & English (written and spoken)
- Excellent commercial contract drafting skills in English with minimal support from external counsel
- Specific and technical knowledge of US contract types, methods and procedures and US principles of contract law
- The ability and flexibility to work long and flexible hours based on the company’s needs
- Excellent judgment and initiative in developing creative, practical and effective solutions, using a business-first approach
- JD or LLM from accredited US law school
- Experience in the US
- Experience in consumer credit, asset management, investment, funds, fintech or artificial intelligence
- Experience in US consumer credit/lending legal and regulatory regimes, including FCRA, GLBA, TILA, DPPA, UDAAP, UDAP, ECOA, HMDA and RESPA