About The Position
Pagaya is a leading next-generation asset management firm founded in 2015. Combining advanced technology and financial expertise, we use artificial intelligence and state-of-the-art algorithms to uncover exceptional, low-risk high-yield opportunities in alternative credit for investors. Pagaya actively invests in US consumer credit assets.
The Pagaya team is comprised of over 100 professionals in New York and Tel Aviv with expertise in artificial intelligence, data rich alternative assets and asset management. The team manages over $1.7 billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world.
Pagaya just completed its Series D financing of over $100M led by a prominent sovereign wealth fund.
Pagaya is looking for an organized, methodical, collaborative, and detail-oriented paralegal with experience reviewing and coordinating legal contracts, strong legal research and excellent writing skills. You will report directly to the Head of Legal & Chief Compliance Officer, located in New York and works closely with all members of the legal team and all other internal departments.
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about enabling the legal team to do high impact work and ensuring business growth. We want a candidate who is excited by the challenge of working in a legally complex global fintech company and who welcomes the dynamic environment that comes with a growing company.
- Assists counsel with the documentation of commercial transactions, including the structuring, negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements and ancillary documents, preparing summaries of key terms, and tracking the status of negotiations and the performance of contractual terms.
- Independently reviews template contracts, NDAs and maintains current legal department template contracts and policies.
- Assists with the implementation of various projects, including preparing presentation materials on corporate compliance topics at the direction of counsel, organizing and tracking the development of project documentation, and assisting counsel in the presentation of such materials.
- Develops and maintains department resources, playbooks, and compliance guides.
- Conducts and maintains research on various legal and commercial topics, including statutes and regulations, governmental agency procedures, and potential partners or vendors.
- Assists counsel with corporate governance-related matters, including maintaining corporate books and records and preparing and organizing materials for board, committee, and advisory meetings.
- Creates and manages a legal department calendar specifying open action items, due dates and the follow-up/closure of such items.
- Assists with updating and maintaining offshore funds offering documents.
- Assists with maintaining current registrations and/or exemptions in multiple jurisdictions, including completing annual filings, coordinating translations of documents, and other jurisdiction-specific deliverables such as extract prospectuses, extract financial statements, and local representative and agent agreements and documentation.
- Manages an electronic filing system for legal department records (including contracts, litigation, and regulatory matters).
- Assists with internal and external communications (preparing correspondence (cover letters and emails) and scanning/emailing/mailing documents).
- Provides any other paralegal or non-legal support that the business requires.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in a law-firm or in-house legal department setting required
- At least 2 years of independently reviewing, assessing and revising commercial contacts (preferably in financial or tech industry)
- Must be a self-starter, eager to learn and gain experience in a large variety of legal and business matters.
- A multi-tasker who can prioritize tasks and remain productive while balancing multiple projects and stakeholders
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Close attention to detail, corporate form, contract template and version control, and typographical errors.
- Demonstrates the highest degree of professionalism, integrity, and ethical judgment
- Team-oriented mindset as well as the ability to take ownership of discrete projects
- You have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude are keys to success in this position
- Master’s or professional degree
- Experience in financial services, asset management, investment, funds, fintech or artificial intelligence