Capital Markets Analyst
About The Position
Pagaya is a leading next-generation asset management firm founded in 2015. Combining advanced technology and financial expertise, we use artificial intelligence and state-of-the-art algorithms to uncover exceptional, low-risk high-yield opportunities in alternative credit for investors. Pagaya actively invests in US consumer credit assets.
The Pagaya team is comprised of over 100 professionals in New York and Tel Aviv with expertise in artificial intelligence, data rich alternative assets and asset management. The team manages over $1.7 billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world.
Pagaya just completed its Series D financing of over $100M led by a prominent sovereign wealth fund.
About the Role:
The Capital Markets Analyst is an integral part of the Capital Markets team and will be responsible for cash management, reporting, partner onboarding, and driving special projects. The Analyst will also assist in securities and loan transactions across asset classes. This role represents an opportunity to grow alongside a burgeoning, global asset manager.
- Operational management of securitization transactions and funding
- Treasury responsibilities including cash management strategy and execution, reporting and driving special projects
- Perform transactional reconciliations; research and resolve discrepancies
- Support securitization reporting, waterfall review, and P&L review
- Interface with various external securitization deal parties including sell-side firms, buy-side accounts, and rating agencies, among others
- Compliance testing and calculations
- Vendor and Partner management (review reports and data, document issues, due diligence)
The role will offer a unique opportunity for candidates with 1-3 years of experience to gain exposure to multiple groups within a rapidly growing tech driven manager with a focus on alternative assets classes. While we are quantitatively driven, this is not a financial engineering role. We are looking for a well-rounded individual who is passionate about operations, finance, accounting and technology.
- Strong interest in financial operations and accounting
- Financial services operations, fund operations, and/or general fixed income experience
- Finance, accounting, economics, or business major
- Strong excel skills (financial modeling, vlookup, sumifs, macros, and pivot tables)
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Structured finance experience
- Experience critically reading legal documents