Associate Project Manager (Legal)
About The Position
Pagaya is a leading next-generation asset management firm founded in 2015. Combining advanced technology and financial expertise, we use artificial intelligence and state-of-the-art algorithms to uncover exceptional, low-risk high-yield opportunities in alternative credit for investors. Pagaya actively invests in US consumer credit assets.
The Pagaya team is comprised of over 100 professionals in New York and Tel Aviv with expertise in artificial intelligence, data rich alternative assets and asset management. The team manages over $1.7 billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world.
Pagaya just completed its Series D financing of over $100M led by a prominent sovereign wealth fund.
As the Associate Project Manager (Legal) supporting the Legal team, you will help create structure and organization across all legal projects and initiatives to ensure efficiency, compliance, and rigor. While much of your work will be directly supporting the legal team you will also be required to work with cross-functional teams at various levels. We are looking for a smart, motivated, self-starter to join our growing global legal team in a rapidly growing company.
The ideal candidate loves juggling multiple moving parts, is curious and loves to problem-solve while keeping an eye on the big picture. You will provide the highest quality support to the legal team with a focus on corporate, secretarial, governance, compliance, capital markets and legal operations matters.
You possess first-class communication skills and understand when to lean in to get the job done. You have incredible attention to detail, along with the ability to be flexible, prioritize, and motivate others. You aren’t afraid to use your voice and are able to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues at all levels of the organization. You have an interest in legal operations or working in the legal field.
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about enabling the legal team to do high impact work and ensuring business growth. We want a candidate who is excited by the challenge of working in a legally complex global fintech company and who welcomes the dynamic environment that comes with a growing company.
The role reports to the Head of Legal & Chief Compliance Officer (based in New York) and will be located in New York.
- Build and manage the flow and execution of all legal work and decision-making (transactions, research, presentations, analysis, contracts, advice to management, reviewing content, etc.)
- Manage timelines, statuses, and prioritization of legal work (and keep stakeholders across the organization up to date and informed)
- Leverage technology in all aspects of work
- Prioritize legal queue in partnership with leadership across Pagaya
- Analyze current process to help identify efficiencies and enable planning
- Build or improve common processes and productive frequent legal work
- Help plan forward-looking projects like Legal Team headcount and budget
- Maintain and manage matter and contract management system and related procedures and policies
- Manage contract life cycles, including execution, extension, renewals and terminations; maintain and update database containing all contractual agreements, ensuring all deadlines are monitored and met
- Provide any other legal or non-legal support that the business requires
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience as a project management, corporate/transactional paralegal, legal assistant or in legal operations at law firm or in-house, though right candidate could have significantly more experience
- Native/Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Strong attention to detail with a solutions-oriented mindset
- A multi-tasker who is able to prioritize tasks and remain productive while balancing multiple projects and stakeholders
- Proactive and capable of working both independently and cooperatively across multiple function areas
- Excellent judgment and initiative in developing creative, practical and effective solutions, using a business-first approach
- You have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude are keys to success in this position
- Master’s or professional degree
- Native/Fluent Hebrew (written and spoken)
- Experience in the US
- Experience in financial services, asset management, investment, funds, fintech or artificial intelligence