North American Institutional Sales
About The Position
Pagaya is a global financial technology company revolutionizing asset management. Melding advanced technology and financial expertise, we use artificial intelligence and state-of-the-art algorithms to uncover exceptional, low-risk high-yield opportunities in alternative credit for investors. Through. our diverse team of collaborative, seasoned technologists and finance professionals, at Pagaya, extraordinary exceptional human minds leverage machine learning to champion a better approach to asset management.
Pagaya is seeking a proven Institutional Sales Professional to join the Pagaya Global Sales Team. The position reports directly to the MD and Head of Global Sales and is responsible for building our private and public pension fund business in North America, including prospecting and developing relationships with new clients as well as managing existing client relationships to maximize cross-sales, ensure retention, and provide a consistent first class client experience. The winning candidate must be an experienced salesperson with proven ability to develop consultative relationships with clients to best position Pagaya as a value-add solutions provider. The best candidate will also be a true team player who thrives in a collaborative global environment and is motivated to help drive strategic initiatives to build Pagaya’s overall business.
The Pagaya team is comprised of over 90 professionals with expertise in artificial intelligence, data rich alternative assets and asset management. The team manages over $1.2 billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world.
- Develop and grow new relationships with institutional prospects in North America to include Public, Corporate, E&F, Taft Hartley, and Hospital & Healthcare entities
- Act as primary senior relationship manager for the North America Institutional marketplace, marshalling Pagaya’s resources to deliver differentiated solutions and best-in-class client experience
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Pagaya’s products and services across diverse data rich alternative asset classes
- Contribute to idea generation and development of new products to help grow the business
- Execute the Pagaya sales process systematically, with emphasis on teamwork, transparency, and accountability, using appropriate tools, e.g. Salesforce and other mediums
- Coordinate cross-functionally within Pagaya to facilitate a collaborative approach to winning and supporting mandates
- Recommend innovative marketing tools and strategies to further grow the business and experience of Pagaya’s clients
- 10+ years of institutional asset management experience, ideally including 5+ years specifically focused on North American Pension Plans
- Deep understanding of the institutional investment landscape (including clients, drivers, competitors, sales process, and tools), and the proven ability to develop and sustain relationships with investors and consultants
- Demonstrated success attracting, retaining, and growing AUM
- Expertise in investments products and solutions, preferably alternative credit strategies and real estate
- Strong team player skills; excellent communication with the broader sales and consultant relations team and the ability to build trusted relationships with senior investment professionals internally and externally
- Understanding of service and operational aspects of institutional sales
- Proven ability to partner internally to ensure excellent client management
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively and the drive to build and develop a business in a complex, performance-oriented environment
- Willingness to embrace new ideas and contribute to a culture of innovation to achieve and exceed goals
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills