DevOps & IT Manager
About The Position
Pagaya is an asset management firm with over $1.5B in assets under management and growing rapidly. Pagaya invests in alternative credit using cutting-edge machine learning technologies and big data analytics. We serve a broad range of institutional and high net worth investor markets including banks, pensions plans, foundations, private wealth and sovereign wealth funds.
About the role:
We are looking for a DevOps & IT Manager who will be responsible for our cloud infrastructure and IT support. The ideal candidate would promote communication, integration, and collaboration for enhanced software development productivity. In addition, s/he will develop infrastructure to incorporate latest technology and best practices to improve operational performance.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead the creation of DevOps standards, patterns, and optimizations to enable teams to deliver with high performance
- Define and implement DevOps metrics to measure DevOps effectiveness
- Manage Pagaya’s IT Systems and support team
- Log and track identified system incidents, problems, and changes through resolution
- Work with third parties to assess partnership and licensing opportunities
- Improve the efficiency, security, stability, and quality of applications being delivered
- Take charge of, improve, and extend our current deployment processes, including an audible deployment pipeline and the continuous integration process
- 2+ years’ experience in related positions such as a DevOps lead, manager, etc (Preferred).
- 5+ years’ experience in DevOps and related positions with extensive DevOps solutions experience
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent University degree - an advantage
- Experience building and leading a DevOps team that delivers and maintains a DevOps platform and enables project/product teams to leverage DevOps capabilities
- Leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate technical needs to the Engineering team.
- Strong experience scripting in Python and Bash
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the AWS Stack, Linux, cloud technologies, and network Infrastructure
- Experience in container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in complying with important security standards - an advantage
- Skills in infrastructure automation tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, and CloudFormation
- Have an in-depth architecture understanding of the CI/CD pipeline and experience building robust pipelines.
- Prior experience building production systems, highly-available, and service-oriented