Research Team Leader
About The Position
Pagaya is a leading next-generation asset management firm founded in 2015. Combining advanced technology and financial expertise, we use artificial intelligence and state-of-the-art algorithms to uncover exceptional, low-risk high-yield opportunities in alternative credit for investors. Pagaya actively invests in US consumer credit assets.
The Pagaya team is comprised of over 100 professionals in New York and Tel Aviv with expertise in artificial intelligence, data rich alternative assets and asset management. The team manages over $1.8 billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world.
Pagaya just completed its Series D financing of over $100M led by a prominent sovereign wealth fund.
- Lead and develop a group of 4-5 Data Scientists, helping them advance their careers
- Working side-by-side with managers from various disciplines on the day to day – Software Developers, Machine Learning Engineers and Data Analysts.
- Design solutions for the company’s core mission using Data Science methodologies from various domains
- Responsible for developing new cutting edge algorithms based on various Machine Learning techniques
- Generate and test working hypotheses in unexplored territory
- Track record of excellence, being the “Go to” person in your previous team.
- Relevant Working Experience (Algorithms Researcher, Data Scientist, ML Engineer) – at least 3 years.
- Scientific Degree graduate with an honored BSc or MSc
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Proficient in Python and the Data Science Stack.
- Managerial experience – Strong Advantage
- Knowledge in some of the following can be an advantage: machine learning, predictive modeling, optimization, risk and finance