Senior Data Scientist
About The Position
Pagaya is a leading next-generation asset management firm founded in 2015. Combining advanced technology and financial expertise, we use artificial intelligence and state-of-the-art algorithms to uncover exceptional, low-risk high-yield opportunities in alternative credit for investors. Pagaya actively invests in US consumer credit assets.
The Pagaya team is comprised of over 100 professionals in New York and Tel Aviv with expertise in artificial intelligence, data rich alternative assets and asset management. The team manages over $1.8 billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world.
Pagaya just completed its Series D financing of over $100M led by a prominent sovereign wealth fund.
- Design solutions for the company’s core mission using Data Science methodologies from various domains
- Take part in developing new cutting edge algorithms based on various Machine Learning techniques
- Work in a short life-cycle research and development environment
- Generate and test working hypotheses in unexplored territory
- Track record of excellence
- Math/EE/CS/Physics/Stats graduate with an honored BSc or MSc
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Strong scripting and programming skills, preferably in Python
- Independent and fast learner that can work alone and in teams
- Ability to learn and explore new fields of expertise
- Knowledge in some of the following can be an advantage: machine learning, predictive modeling, optimization, risk and finance