Statistical Data Scientist
About The Position
Pagaya is a leading next-generation asset management firm founded in 2015. Combining advanced technology and financial expertise, we use artificial intelligence and state-of-the-art algorithms to uncover exceptional, low-risk high-yield opportunities in alternative credit for investors. Pagaya actively invests in US consumer credit assets.
The Pagaya team is comprised of over 100 professionals in New York and Tel Aviv with expertise in artificial intelligence, data-rich alternative assets and asset management. The team manages over $3.2B billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world.
Pagaya just completed its Series D financing of over $100M led by a prominent sovereign wealth fund.
- Full responsibility over the deployment of models and the investment of millions of dollars in a high stake environment.
- Work with the research team to improve, optimize and validate machine learning model performance in the real-world environment.
- Measure expected impact and performance of various growth initiatives.
- Conduct statistical data analysis, supporting decision-making processes for Pagaya’s various investment funds.
- Process and integrate multiple data sources.
- 3 years of experience with hands-on statistical data analysis with python / R
- Academic background in Statistics/Matamitacs/ Applied Mathematics
- A quick thinker, with a good quantitative sense and applied math and statistics skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience in financial modeling – an advantage