Director of BI
About The Position
Pagaya is a world class asset manager wholly managed by data driven decisions and algorithms.
Thus, in Pagaya business intelligence isn’t just a system. It is the set of data and insights that drive our decision making and understanding of the real world.
Head of BI will build the vision and roadmap for data journey in the company’s business units.
The business intelligence department will provide guidance to the Executive Management and functional leaders on KPI’s, metrics, and business decisions including pro-active analysis of business data in order to identify opportunities and risks.
The department is meant to create the systems enabling fast extraction of such insights (analysts and systems), but more important – delivering on the spot analysis for ongoing situations as well as longer term insights and recommendations based on data that will serve our decision makers, partners engagement and operational teams.
You will be building a world class Intelligence unit that will be a key part in the ongoing success of our company. You will be the full owner of both the systems and the people delivering a meaningful part in solving our business puzzles.
Head ob BI will be a direct partner of our management team and the various business units – understanding their needs, the questions they want to get answered and offer new data in order to drive new and meaningful discussions and planning.
- Own the vision and roadmap for Pagaya´s data journey including BI systems, enabling management insights, faster decision making, analysis and monitoring
- Build Pagaya’s Business Intelligence department
- Build a group that delivers meaningful business insights as well as the infrastructure to quickly access data and create reports
- Understanding of business KPIs and their translation into meaningful data representations
- Help us leverage our data – bring industry know-how and insights into Pagaya´s understanding of its data and potential usage for empowering the various business units
- Build our BI systems for scale up
- Bring industry knowledge and best practices into Pagaya´s BI design and development
- Design the backend of our BI systems (e.g. architecture, modeling, ETL processes, interaction with other production systems)
- Design frontend (improved usability and UX per persona)
- Design usage flows (the ‘journey’ of each persona/user type in Pagaya’s BI system)
- Have owned the business intelligence and analysis roadmap of a data driven company
- Proven experience building and managing a BI department including business data analysts and data engineers teams
- Excellent stakeholder management and exceptional communication skills as well as ability to translate business questions into action and coherent roadmap
- Experienced presenting actionable and insightful data to management analyzing current situation (e.g. during incidents), trends and options for action going forward
- Proven experience creating roadmap for BI systems in data driven companies and business analysts teams
- Proven experience building BI systems for different business units management and operations (in management or consulting positions) listening and articulating the needs of stakeholders
- End to end understanding of BI systems architecture: from interaction with backend systems thru front end dashboards and reports
- Highly preferred: experience with Fintech, finances or investment management companies (>$5 Billions AUM)