Data Project Manager
About The Position
Pagaya is a leading next-generation asset management firm founded in 2015. Combining advanced technology and financial expertise, we use artificial intelligence and state-of-the-art algorithms to uncover exceptional, low-risk high-yield opportunities in alternative credit for investors. Pagaya actively invests in US consumer credit assets.
The Pagaya team is comprised of over 100 professionals in New York and Tel Aviv with expertise in artificial intelligence, data rich alternative assets and asset management. The team manages over $1.7 billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world.
Pagaya just completed its Series D financing of over $100M led by a prominent sovereign wealth fund.
About the Role
Pagaya is seeking a Senior Data Projects Manager to join the Pagaya R&D Team. This role works closely with our research teams, understand research needs, find new data providers relevant to our research, manage data providers relationships, assist with data orders and be integral part of research projects.
The Pagaya team is comprised of over 130 professionals with expertise in artificial intelligence, data-rich alternative assets. The team manages over $1.5 billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world.
● Trace and initiate new relationships with data providers, understand legal and compliance requirements and find creative solutions to drive the business and research forward
● Actively manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity, turning leads and ideas into full-scale projects, insights and models
● Identify multi-functional dependencies, unblock roadblocks and foresee and mitigate potential risks
● Identify the internal data needs of the different Pagaya teams, mainly research, and initiate new internal tools and programs
● Work closely with Pagaya’s different teams, facilitate resource planning, prioritization, and trade-off discussions
● Maintain a clear and timely status of the different projects for upper management
● Maintain a thorough documentation of data projects, orders, data-sets funnels and processes
● Technological orientation, understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of modern project management methodologies – a must
● Strong organizational skills to manage multiple, competing priorities – a must
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills – both in Hebrew and in English – a must
● Analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions
● Background in Big Data, and understanding of AI/ML systems development – an advantage
● Background in Research data projects, data orders, management of data providers relationships – an advantage
● Experience working in regulated industries, Fintech – an advantage
● 3 years of technical project/product management experience – a big advantage