Junior Data Engineer
About The Position
Pagaya is a leading next-generation asset management firm founded in 2015. Combining advanced technology and financial expertise, we use artificial intelligence and state-of-the-art algorithms to uncover exceptional, low-risk high-yield opportunities in alternative credit for investors. Pagaya actively invests in US consumer credit assets.
The Pagaya team is comprised of over 100 professionals in New York and Tel Aviv with expertise in artificial intelligence, data rich alternative assets and asset management. The team manages over $1.8 billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world.
Pagaya just completed its Series D financing of over $100M led by a prominent sovereign wealth fund.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for all the data that enters and leaves the company.
The role includes two main areas of responsibilities: operational and research/engineering. We are looking for a smart, organized, and initiative person who wants to operate Pagaya’s data portal, is eager to learn about data, and is always looking to push things forward.
This role is perfect for anyone who’s doing his/her first steps in the data world.
The main technologies you will use in your daily work include: Python (Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib), Linux, AWS, Azure, SQL, Jupyter Notebook.
- Design and implement our data orders.
- Perform the initial basic analysis over the received data.
- Integrate data into Pagaya’s data warehouse
- Data validations.
- Right at the cutting edge of science – work at the frontiers of science with expert researchers.
- Get familiar with multiple data sources and DBs, in various domains.
- Use the tools and languages that are best suited to the job – Complete flexibility to problem-solving with novelty and creativity encouraged.
- Be around very bright and lovely people.
- It’s all about results – working hours are not the focus.
- Track record of excellence.
- High data analysis capabilities in SQL / pandas.
- High motivation for learning and improving.
- Good scripting and programming skills, preferably in Python.
- Responsible and initiative.
- Team player.