Business Operations Associate
About The Position
Pagaya is a financial technology company reshaping the asset management space using machine learning and big data analytics to manage institutional money. With a focus on fixed income and alternative credit, Pagaya offers a variety of discretionary funds to institutional investors including pension funds, insurance companies, and banks.
Pagaya’s unique technology platform — Pagaya Pulse — runs on a suite of artificial intelligence technologies and state-of-the-art algorithms to deliver a consistently high and scalable performance edge. The company was founded in 2016 by seasoned finance and technology professionals with offices in New York and Tel Aviv.
The team manages over $3.2 billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world. Pagaya just completed its financing rounds of over $100M led by a prominent sovereign wealth fundå
The Business Operations team works across all teams and functions at Pagaya to drive and enable the growth of the business. We lead mission-critical, cross-functional efforts, deliver objective analysis and insights, incubate new programs, and execute on strategic initiatives. If you like difficult problems, are analytical, and are an amazing teammate, we want to hear from you!
- Evaluate, drive and operationalize new practices into Pagaya’s line of business
- Structure complex and ambiguous business issues for Pagaya’s leadership team and deliver actionable insights & recommendations
- Partner with senior managers across the company on key issues to enable Pagaya’s scale-up and professionalize our work processes and systems
- Lead cross-functional efforts; analyze issues, build plans, and execute on respective process and technology implementation
- Gain a wide knowledge of Pagaya’s operational, business, and technological activities in order to add value to the projects you participate in
- 3 years of experience in management consulting, strategy, or business operations roles
- Proven experience analyzing and delivering projects, identifying deficiencies, and driving solutions and mitigations
- Proven experience influencing, leading, and getting things done without authority
- Able to independently learn new subjects and understand the impact on the day to day of an existing organization
- Ability to write and present articulated documentation and processes in English
- Superb communication skills – ability to communicate complex subjects to different audiences, making them engaged and driving delivery
- Highly preferred: experience with finances, investment management, adtech, or other data-driven companies
- Experience working with data scientists, or software engineers
- International work or studies experience
- MBA Degree or equivalent (preferably US degree)