Senior Data Operations Manager
About The Position
Pagaya is a financial technology company reshaping the asset management space using machine learning and big data analytics to manage institutional money. With a focus on fixed income and alternative credit, Pagaya offers a variety of discretionary funds to institutional investors including pension funds, insurance companies, and banks.
Pagaya’s unique technology platform — Pagaya Pulse — runs on a suite of artificial intelligence technologies and state-of-the-art algorithms to deliver a consistently high and scalable performance edge. The company was founded in 2016 by seasoned finance and technology professionals with offices in New York and Tel Aviv.
The team manages over $3.2 billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world. Pagaya just completed its financing rounds of over $100M led by a prominent sovereign wealth fundå
About the opportunity:
The Data department in Pagaya is rapidly growing and we are looking for a Data Acquisition & Operations Manager who is passionate about finding and acquiring the right data from publicly available as well as paid data sources to support research and innovation endeavors in multiple domains. Ideally, you have already 4+ years of prior experience in data acquisition/operations management working with data science and engineering teams. You are curious about data and not afraid of diving into technical details as well as seeing the big picture. You must have strong analytical skills with a blend of technical and project management/agile skills. You are collaborative, focused on value creation, open to challenge with a can-do approach and a lifelong learner.
In this role, you will:
- Build and manage the Data Acquisition & Operation activity, working closely with our Research & Innovation departments
- Take part in cross-team planning to collect data requirements and own data delivery timelines
- Research and evaluate new data sources to meet the data needs
- Find creative ways to acquire the different available data sources
- Work closely with supporting engineering teams to define requirements for data scraping and tagging tools
- Define quality metrics to make sure the right data is being acquired with the highest quality
- Prioritize, organize and coordinate simultaneous tasks/projects across the team
- Recruit and train vendors to help in data acquisition tasks (e.g. scraping, tagging, cleansing)
- A team player with strong relationship building skills and a collaborative attitude
- Deep understanding of managing the full data lifecycle (requirements, acquisition, quality, delivery)
- Experience with data cleansing, scraping and tagging tools and methodologies
- Good attention to details and the ability to identify and resolve errors calmly and effectively, even under pressure
- Knowledge of scripting languages, e.g. SQL, python – strong advantage