Data Projects Manager
About The Position
Pagaya is a financial technology company reshaping the asset management space using machine learning and big data analytics to manage institutional money. With a focus on a fixed income and alternative credit, Pagaya offers a variety of discretionary funds to institutional investors including pension funds, insurance companies, and banks.
Pagaya’s unique technology platform — Pagaya Pulse — runs on a suite of artificial intelligence technologies and state-of-the-art algorithms to deliver a consistently high and scalable performance edge. The company was founded in 2016 by seasoned finance and technology professionals with offices in New York and Tel Aviv.
The team manages over $3.2 billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world. Pagaya just completed its financing rounds of over $100M led by a prominent sovereign wealth fundå
Pagaya is seeking a Data Partnerships Business Development Manager to join the Pagaya Data Department. In this role you will closely cooperate with our research and innovation teams as your main customers. You will be required to understand the business market and data players, help define the research data needs, identify and partner with new data providers relevant to our research and operations needs, onboard and manage data providers relationships, assist with data orders and be an integral part of the research projects.
- Own data partnerships end-to-end: from lead generation, through negotiation communication and successful integration
- Understand the data market landscape, the relevant business models existing within it, data and population blind spots and how they are utilized in the market
- Trace and initiate new relationships with data providers, understand legal and compliance requirements and find creative solutions to promote the business and the research
- Actively manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity, turning leads and ideas into full-scale projects, insights and models
- Identify multi-functional dependencies, unblock roadblocks, foresee and mitigate potential risks
- Identify internal data needs of the different Pagaya teams, mainly research, and initiate new internal tools and programs
- Work closely with Pagaya’s different teams, facilitate resource planning, prioritization, and trade-off discussions
- Maintain and communicate clear and timely status of the different projects for senior management thorough documentation of data projects, orders, data source funnels and processes
- Build relationships with players in the data ecosystem, and make sure to be ahead in terms of data opportunities
- Background in data scouting, research data projects, data orders, management of data providers relationships – an advantage.
- Excellent negotiation skills, with the ability to craft agreements that maximizes ROI for both parties
- Identify gaps and barriers, and translate all parties needs into a successful partnership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – both in Hebrew and in English – a must.
- Analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions.
- Technological orientation, understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of modern project management methodologies – a must.
- Background in Big Data, and understanding of AI/ML systems development – an advantage.
- Experience working in regulated industries, Fintech – an advantage.
- 3 years of technical project/product management experience – a big advantage.