Head Of Operations- New Business
About The Position
Pagaya is a financial technology company reshaping the asset management space using machine learning and big data analytics to manage institutional money. With a focus on fixed income and alternative credit, Pagaya offers a variety of discretionary funds to institutional investors including pension funds, insurance companies, and banks.
Pagaya’s unique technology platform — Pagaya Pulse — runs on a suite of artificial intelligence technologies and state-of-the-art algorithms to deliver a consistently high and scalable performance edge. The company was founded in 2016 by seasoned finance and technology professionals with offices in New York and Tel Aviv.
The team manages over $3.2 billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world. Pagaya just completed its financing rounds of over $100M led by a prominent sovereign wealth fund
A Senior Operations Manager with proven experience in implementing operational methods and in growing multi-disciplinary teams in successful software/tech companies. If you have built and managed significant operations and you’re not afraid of new big challenges, join us.
You’ve spent 10+ years in dynamic organizations (engineering, professional services, business operations, product operations), and gained experience in scaling up organizations while executing and delivering, managing complex systems and projects, implementing processes and working in complex environments (different groups, domains).
You’re a hands-on, highly-organized leader (preferably with a technical background) who knows how to solve problems and to make things happen. Your strong leadership skills allow you to overcome ambiguity and ongoing prioritizations. You take the lead and implement projects from start to finish in your realm and beyond it, while building efficient operation processes and collaborative interfaces.
You’re passionate about knowledge sharing and professional growth and you want to be both a leader and an enabler to achieve that across the organization. You must have strong written and verbal communication skills and you’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences, with a talent for building relationships.
As Head of an Operations group in the Operations Division, you will:
- Take a major part building a new vertical group in Pagaya Operations, build teams, and set operational processes and methods in different domains
- Be the connecting tissue between Pagaya’s business and technology, lead large and meaningful operations enabling delivery of new initiatives and quick reaction to the real world
- Be a major contributor to building new asset classes and general operations methodologies
- Define required solutions according to identified company priorities using diversified solutions either organizational, operational or technological
- Recruit, mentor, and train team members in order to grow the skills required to provide great support.
- Manage daily operations activities such as monitoring, reporting, supporting company operations of the whole company and quickly provide solutions to raising business needs
- Synchronize and coordinate activities with other groups to ensure we keep a high level of quality and transparency (research, engineering, product management, capital markets among others)
- Independently represent the operations group in executive and management forums
- Creatively analyze and suggest solution to raising situations
- Continuously learn and improve operations practices (from the company, colleagues and the industry) – be a passtione evangelist of operational excellence
- Build a culture of high standard delivery and happiness
- Build and document processes to improve internal routine and processes efficiency